Skip to main content

Donut Worry (Be Happy) Card with Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone!!

Lately I have been playing around with new mediums and techniques, trying to expand my skills and knowledge.

My latest discover is the adorable stamps by Lawn Fawn!!
I will be the first to admit that stamping is fairly new to me. I have been collecting stamps for years, but haven't really used them. I have been watching TONS of videos on Youtube trying to learn new things. This has been a huge learning curve for me!!

But after a couple of days of practice, I think I am getting the hang of things.

So here is my first card, using the adorable "Donut Worry" stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


The inside is stamped with "(Be Happy)" from the stamp set


I started by using a 5.5x5.5 card from Recollections. I cut out some heart paper from Graphic 45 with the largest of the large stitched square dies (in LOVE with these!!) which I then popped up from the card base with some 3D foam squares.

The donuts were stamped onto some Bristol Smooth card stock. I only own a couple of Copic markers so I used two different methods to color the donuts. The pink frosted donut is watercolored using Tim Holtz Distress Markers, and the other two are colored with Prima Color colored pencils. I then used glossy accents on the pink donut to make it appeared glazed. I used stickles on the other two.

I had a lot of fun making this card!!

Thanks for stopping by!
-A. R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2016

So it's that awesome time of the year when Graphic 45 has their design team auditions!

So my name is Altina Robinson, and I am 24 years old from Springfield, MO.
I was introduced to Graphic 45 when I was I believe 16, and the Steampunk Debutante collection was phasing out (I have both the 12x12 and the 8x8 in my stash.)

I have been into arts and crafts since I was a little kid, and was introduced to paper crafting when I was about 15. It started out with scrapbooking, which turned into card making, which turned into art journaling, and well, you get the point.


So for my first project I found a Tim Holtz mini clipboard at Michaels and knew I HAD to do something with it. So for this project I used the new Voyage Beneath the Sea collection.
I love this collection ( I LOVE steampunk) and I love all the bright colors.







For my second project I made a birthday card with Botanical Tea for a friend.
I am a bit obsessive about my scraps, so I have them all organized by collection.
The great …

Feel Better Shaker Card

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing my very first shaker card!! I have been watching all kinds of videos on shaker cards and I have just been so inspired to make one myself. So I went to Michaels and Joann and bought everything I would possibly need for fillers (hooray for coupons!!)

I was inspired to do a get well card for the 6th challenge on the Lawn Fawn Fanatics blog.

I used the Baked with Love and the Treat Yourself stamp sets for this card.





I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I love the colors, and I LOVE the shaker element. I will definitely be making more of these cards in the future!!

If you want to see how I made this card please check out the video below:







Thanks for stopping by!
-A.R.

Nature Sketchbook Card and First Video Tutorial!!

So today I am very excited to announce that I have filmed and posted my very first video tutorial to youtube!!!

This was definitely a challenge for me, and I still have quite a few kinks to work out in the filming and editing process so please bear with me :)

My video today features a card I made with the brand new Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook!
I am completely in love with this collection!! The rich, vibrant colors, the gorgeous patterns, and of course all the butterflies just begging to be fussy cut!!




Without further ado, here is the video!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
AR