Skip to main content

Configurations Box with Nature Sketchbook

So I have fallen completely in love with Graphic 45's Nature Sketchbook paper. The colors and patterns are so gorgeous and my favorite thing about the paper is the loads and loads of butterflies!!!!!!! I LOVE to fussy cut butterflies and pop them up on my projects to make them 3D.

So when I got this paper I instantly wanted to do a configurations box from Tim Holtz. I had never used one before, and this just seemed like the perfect paper to use with it.
It also helped that I hit Joann Craft store right at Black Friday time and got a ton of Idea-Ology things to put in the box to help fill it out.




I really love the way this turned out! I think what took the longest was trying to figure out how I wanted all the boxes arranged. I think measured them all and cover the insides of the box. I then followed Tim's directions for tissue taping all the seams.


I used different things cut out from the collection and some of Tim's Idea-ology line to fill up all the squares. I was inspired by the old shadow boxes with butterflies and bugs pinned inside for this project.


 I arranged the small boxes on the bottom to help mimic the feel of a butterfly collection. I fussy cut them out and then used several pop dots to help bring them forward.



I add some white Prima flowers to help break up the darkness of the background paper.


So if you notice in several of the boxes I have these white metal tags with corresponding images and references. These are from Tim Holtz and I took some of his Botanical rub ons to make the tags correspond to each section of the box.



So this box is my favorite! I took one of the Tim Holtz Corked Domes and cut out some mushrooms from the paper. I then carefully cut lines in the cork and slid the paper into the slits. I checked to make sure that the paper would fit inside the dome. I just LOVE the way it turned out!






 For the final touch I added some paper to the edges from the patterns and solids pad, added some feet to make the box stand up, and fussy cut some more butterflies (of course!) to make it all come together.

I will definitely be using another configuration box, as I loved putting this one together. I will also be needing a lot more of this paper cause I will be using loads of it!!

Thanks for stopping by!
-AR










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Box

Hello all!!

Today I am featuring a mixed media box that I have been working on for a few days now. 
I had this beautiful little Grpahic 45 book box sitting on my shelf for awhile. I finally decided to take it down and do something with it. I love mixed media and decided to use this box as my jumping point. 


I started out with covering the sides of the box with Finnabair Art Basics modeling paste thru a Tim holtz Stencil. While that was drying I started throwing on all sorts of found things from my collection. What’s so great about mixed media is you can really use anything!
After that was dry, I covered the whole box in black gesso from Art Basics. I followed that with dry brushing some Finnabair Metallique paint in Silver Spoon. I purposely left some black showing thru in places. This gave it an aged look. 

After all that was dry I went to town with more of the Metallique paints, and some of the amazing waxes from Finnabair. Here is the finished results:






I am so in love with how this…

Old Curiosity Shoppe Scrapbook Canvas

Happy 4th of July all!!!

I have spent my day off at my desk, working on another scrapbook canvas. I love to take my scrapbook pages and adhere them to canvas. This way I can see them everyday.

Today I have made one using Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe. I used an old photo of my Grandfather from when he was about 12 years old.






I fussy cut several images from the collection along with the chipboard for almost all of the decorations. I also used some of the Tim Holtz Keys, Keyholes, and gears to give it more depth. I also had a silver distressed butterfly left over from another project that I added to this.
Hope you have all enjoyed your Holiday!!
Thanks for stopping By! -AR

Mixed Media Canvas with Art Alchemy and Dylusions

Happy Friday!!

Today I’m sharing an 8x8 Canvas I have done using some of the lovely Dylusions Sprays and Art Alchemy paints and waxes. 
I knew I wanted to use a photo I had taken on my last visit with my best friend and beyond adorable niece (not at all biased right?) I chose to do the photo in black and white as I wanted to use warm tones for the canvas, and the colors in the photo would have clashed. 
I started out with an 8x8 Canvas I got from Michaels. I went with one with the deep sides so I would have more room to play, and I love the depth it helps give to my art. 
I then began using random items from my stash. 


I built the piece up until I was happy with it. 

Not gonna lie, it was quite hard to cover this up!! I may have to recreate it and leave it be next time. 
Then I covered the piece in about three layers of white gesso. 


Once the gesso was dry I began to spray it with Dylusions Spray inks in Cherry Pie, Rose Quartz, and Pure Sunshine, until I was happy with the colors and…