Skip to main content

Mon Amour Wedding Invites

Hello all!

Sorry to have been MIA. The summer is a very busy time around my house.

But in amongst all the crazy, I had an order for some wedding invites!!
The order was for five invites, all different. This is the first large order I have had! I was so excited! Word of mouth pays off :)


So I have been taking my time on these, if I rush my process I tend to get frustrated.
I used the Mon Amour paper line from Graphic 45 for all the cards. And yes, I used a lot of my scraps on these! This is why I keep everything organized.


This is the Bride's personal card. She requested the image with the saying "I carry your heart with me. I carry it in my heart."  I think my favorite part about this card is the butterflies.





I tried to subtly keep all the cards tied together in some way. I used at least three layers for each card, and I also used a different love saying from the collection for each card. This also helps tie the card into the bride's card.





I love all the paper roses in the paper, these made for great detail on the cards.





A tip I have for using bling is to line it up where you want it, and then cut it to fit. This way you can stretch out your bling!





I used quite a bit of bling and stickles for these cards. Sometimes its the little details that help pull the cards together.




I really love how all these cards turned out. This was only the second time I have used this paper, and this was the first time I had really been able to play with it.

Thanks for stopping by!!
-Altina R.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2016

So it's that awesome time of the year when Graphic 45 has their design team auditions!

So my name is Altina Robinson, and I am 24 years old from Springfield, MO.
I was introduced to Graphic 45 when I was I believe 16, and the Steampunk Debutante collection was phasing out (I have both the 12x12 and the 8x8 in my stash.)

I have been into arts and crafts since I was a little kid, and was introduced to paper crafting when I was about 15. It started out with scrapbooking, which turned into card making, which turned into art journaling, and well, you get the point.


So for my first project I found a Tim Holtz mini clipboard at Michaels and knew I HAD to do something with it. So for this project I used the new Voyage Beneath the Sea collection.
I love this collection ( I LOVE steampunk) and I love all the bright colors.







For my second project I made a birthday card with Botanical Tea for a friend.
I am a bit obsessive about my scraps, so I have them all organized by collection.
The great …

Feel Better Shaker Card

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing my very first shaker card!! I have been watching all kinds of videos on shaker cards and I have just been so inspired to make one myself. So I went to Michaels and Joann and bought everything I would possibly need for fillers (hooray for coupons!!)

I was inspired to do a get well card for the 6th challenge on the Lawn Fawn Fanatics blog.

I used the Baked with Love and the Treat Yourself stamp sets for this card.





I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I love the colors, and I LOVE the shaker element. I will definitely be making more of these cards in the future!!

If you want to see how I made this card please check out the video below:







Thanks for stopping by!
-A.R.

Nature Sketchbook Card and First Video Tutorial!!

So today I am very excited to announce that I have filmed and posted my very first video tutorial to youtube!!!

This was definitely a challenge for me, and I still have quite a few kinks to work out in the filming and editing process so please bear with me :)

My video today features a card I made with the brand new Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook!
I am completely in love with this collection!! The rich, vibrant colors, the gorgeous patterns, and of course all the butterflies just begging to be fussy cut!!




Without further ado, here is the video!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
AR