Skip to main content

World's Fair Card

For my latest card I wanted to experiment a little more with layers.
I have been getting braver and been learning to be ok with covering things up on my beautiful Graphic 45 paper.

For this card I decided to use the gorgeous World's Fair paper.
I love the bright colors and the intricate designs. I have used this paper for a few other cards, so I used a mix of scraps and sheets from the pad.





I cut out several different elements from the paper for this card. The background layer is made up of three different papers and distressed. The third layer is popped up with pop dots for extra dimension.  Tip for using different images from the paper, just because it isn't a complete image doesn't mean you can't use it! The flowers at the top were cut from the edge of a paper sheet, and I just covered the cut edge. Same for the tickets, I just tucked them up so you couldn't see it wasn't a complete image.
It took me awhile to get everything arranged like I wanted it. Once I did I used a combo of pop dots and score tape to adhere everything. After it was all down I added some stickles for some extra pizazz.


Thanks for stopping by!
-Altina R.

Comments

  1. I like your tip about using incomplete images, I tend to forget I can cover them up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Box

Hello all!!

Today I am featuring a mixed media box that I have been working on for a few days now. 
I had this beautiful little Grpahic 45 book box sitting on my shelf for awhile. I finally decided to take it down and do something with it. I love mixed media and decided to use this box as my jumping point. 


I started out with covering the sides of the box with Finnabair Art Basics modeling paste thru a Tim holtz Stencil. While that was drying I started throwing on all sorts of found things from my collection. What’s so great about mixed media is you can really use anything!
After that was dry, I covered the whole box in black gesso from Art Basics. I followed that with dry brushing some Finnabair Metallique paint in Silver Spoon. I purposely left some black showing thru in places. This gave it an aged look. 

After all that was dry I went to town with more of the Metallique paints, and some of the amazing waxes from Finnabair. Here is the finished results:






I am so in love with how this…

Old Curiosity Shoppe Scrapbook Canvas

Happy 4th of July all!!!

I have spent my day off at my desk, working on another scrapbook canvas. I love to take my scrapbook pages and adhere them to canvas. This way I can see them everyday.

Today I have made one using Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe. I used an old photo of my Grandfather from when he was about 12 years old.






I fussy cut several images from the collection along with the chipboard for almost all of the decorations. I also used some of the Tim Holtz Keys, Keyholes, and gears to give it more depth. I also had a silver distressed butterfly left over from another project that I added to this.
Hope you have all enjoyed your Holiday!!
Thanks for stopping By! -AR

Mixed Media Canvas with Art Alchemy and Dylusions

Happy Friday!!

Today I’m sharing an 8x8 Canvas I have done using some of the lovely Dylusions Sprays and Art Alchemy paints and waxes. 
I knew I wanted to use a photo I had taken on my last visit with my best friend and beyond adorable niece (not at all biased right?) I chose to do the photo in black and white as I wanted to use warm tones for the canvas, and the colors in the photo would have clashed. 
I started out with an 8x8 Canvas I got from Michaels. I went with one with the deep sides so I would have more room to play, and I love the depth it helps give to my art. 
I then began using random items from my stash. 


I built the piece up until I was happy with it. 

Not gonna lie, it was quite hard to cover this up!! I may have to recreate it and leave it be next time. 
Then I covered the piece in about three layers of white gesso. 


Once the gesso was dry I began to spray it with Dylusions Spray inks in Cherry Pie, Rose Quartz, and Pure Sunshine, until I was happy with the colors and…