Skip to main content

Get to know me :)

Hi there! I'm Altina and I am 20 years old. I have been doing crafts for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a family of crafters since my mom and both of my grandmothers craft.

When I was little most of what my family did was quilting and sewing. One of my grandmothers taught me how to embroider when I was about six. I loved it instantly. The same grandmother also taught me to crochet when I was eight.

I taught myself to knit when I was fourteen, and my other grandmother taught me to quilt and gave me a sewing machine when I was fifteen. I started painting when I was seventeen.

My love of scrapbooking (and the start of an obession with paper) started shortly before I turned sixteen. I had recently moved, and while reconnecting with some old friends I discovered scrapbooking. My friends loved to scrapbook and make cards, and what they did was beautiful. I fell in love very quick! I asked my friends to teach me how to scrapbook. I bought the supplies and we sat down for an afternoon of papercrafting.

I have since learned to make mini albums and have just recently started making cards.

My very first mini album using DCWV Black Currant and Bella Armoire
My favorite paper brand is Die Cuts With a View. I love all the beautiful designs on the papers, and I have a mountain of stacks. I really love them for when I make my mini albums. I don't have to spend hours picking paper, I can just grab a stack and get to work.

Anyways please keep checking back for more updates, photos, and tutorials. See ya soon!

-Altina R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Box

Hello all!!

Today I am featuring a mixed media box that I have been working on for a few days now. 
I had this beautiful little Grpahic 45 book box sitting on my shelf for awhile. I finally decided to take it down and do something with it. I love mixed media and decided to use this box as my jumping point. 


I started out with covering the sides of the box with Finnabair Art Basics modeling paste thru a Tim holtz Stencil. While that was drying I started throwing on all sorts of found things from my collection. What’s so great about mixed media is you can really use anything!
After that was dry, I covered the whole box in black gesso from Art Basics. I followed that with dry brushing some Finnabair Metallique paint in Silver Spoon. I purposely left some black showing thru in places. This gave it an aged look. 

After all that was dry I went to town with more of the Metallique paints, and some of the amazing waxes from Finnabair. Here is the finished results:






I am so in love with how this…

Old Curiosity Shoppe Scrapbook Canvas

Happy 4th of July all!!!

I have spent my day off at my desk, working on another scrapbook canvas. I love to take my scrapbook pages and adhere them to canvas. This way I can see them everyday.

Today I have made one using Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe. I used an old photo of my Grandfather from when he was about 12 years old.






I fussy cut several images from the collection along with the chipboard for almost all of the decorations. I also used some of the Tim Holtz Keys, Keyholes, and gears to give it more depth. I also had a silver distressed butterfly left over from another project that I added to this.
Hope you have all enjoyed your Holiday!!
Thanks for stopping By! -AR

Mixed Media Canvas with Art Alchemy and Dylusions

Happy Friday!!

Today I’m sharing an 8x8 Canvas I have done using some of the lovely Dylusions Sprays and Art Alchemy paints and waxes. 
I knew I wanted to use a photo I had taken on my last visit with my best friend and beyond adorable niece (not at all biased right?) I chose to do the photo in black and white as I wanted to use warm tones for the canvas, and the colors in the photo would have clashed. 
I started out with an 8x8 Canvas I got from Michaels. I went with one with the deep sides so I would have more room to play, and I love the depth it helps give to my art. 
I then began using random items from my stash. 


I built the piece up until I was happy with it. 

Not gonna lie, it was quite hard to cover this up!! I may have to recreate it and leave it be next time. 
Then I covered the piece in about three layers of white gesso. 


Once the gesso was dry I began to spray it with Dylusions Spray inks in Cherry Pie, Rose Quartz, and Pure Sunshine, until I was happy with the colors and…